Tuesday 10 July 2012

'Summer' Plans

The oh so long 'summer' holidays loom ahead of us. As I type this, my garden is yet again threatened with flooding and the boys are yet again racing around the house shooting each other. Oh please let us have some more dry days in the 'summer'. I don't even mind if it's not sunny (although that would be nice). Just dry will do.

Over the 'summer', I will attempt (amongst the organised chaos... Ok, just chaos then) to post on here some ideas of things we will be doing together so that you can try them out too if you feel so inclined. You may want to ignore my ideas completely. The great thing about a blog is that I will be blissfully unaware of that fact (unless you choose to tell me, of course).

So, my first plan of action for the 'summer' is to create a big wallplanner. I do this every year. I have a little box for each day of the holidays and I attempt to fill it with something for every day. I do this before the holidays begin. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant. Just 'picnic in park', 'ride bikes and scooters' or 'bake cakes' will do. They can always be elaborated upon nearer the time. These plans often change, but just to know that there are plans in the first place helps me to feel a little less overwhelmed about the neverending story of the holidays.

So, if you feel at a loss about the weeks ahead (as I do!), watch this space for ideas that I will be throwing your way. We can do this. We really can.

No comments: