Saturday 1 December 2012

Ice, Ice Baby....

Oh yes, I'm ashamed to admit it but Vanilla Ice was my era.... Anyway, leaving all that aside we have had some fun with ice today which I thought I would share with you in case you wanted to have the same fun too.

This morning we woke up to a covering of frost, and some fun ice in the garden just waiting to be smashed. I don't really understand it myself, but my boys absolutely love ice. I don't like being cold and wet (bah humbug) but they really enjoy discovering the different shapes in which ice has formed, and if it's smashable then even better.

So we decided to make some ice sculptures. We've done different experiments and left them outside - in the morning we'll discover which sculptures have worked!


We half filled some plastic cups with water and added food colouring. That was messy fun.




We surrounded some biscuit cutters with playdough and filled them with water.


And we filled some balloons with water and hung them on the washing line.


These will all be left out overnight and hopefully in the morning we'll have some ice scupltures! It's very easy - you could try it too if you fancied.

Of course, we also (and yes, Max is wearing a t shirt in extremely cold weather - I have no comment to make on that matter) found some nice blocks of ice perfect for smashing.




What a smashing time was had by all.


No comments: