Saturday 29 November 2008

The night before the big day

Tomorrow, Jared goes away for 6 days. I am not one of these wives and mum's who enjoy it when their husband is away. I can't understand how people look forward to their other halves going away. I hate it. Normally he is only away for 1 night, 2 at the most. This time it will be 6 nights, and he'll be in a different country - Finland of all places.

So, this is going to be a hard week. Apart from the fact it is a hard slog doing everything on my own, I will miss him alot. I am one of those people who needs to talk alot, and talking to 3 little boys (one of whom can't talk back yet) just doesn't quite do it for me!

The boys are also going to miss him alot. So I'm going to have to cope with their emotions as well this week. Sometimes even if he isn't back for tea they cry, so I don't know how they are going to be this week.

I do know however, that I have a supremely faithful friend and provider who will give me all I need for this week. I'm not sure that I have written about this before on here. As a family we are Christians and we teach our boys to follow Jesus. I see this as one of the most important things we could ever do for our boys. I will write about this another time because otherwise I'll get sidetracked.....

So, this week I know that I can rely on God to give me strength and energy to get me through it. How do I know this? Because He has done it before, and will not fail me this time. When Jonah was a baby ( he still is of course, I just can't face the fact that he's growing up!! ) I was extremely tired. It was a really hard time. I had to just carry on with each day because my family needed me to. I had to make the tea, do all the school runs ( and there were 3 a day because Max was doing half days in nursery) and generally be 'normal'. I found a verse in Psalms that said 'Look to the Lord for strength, seek His face always' and I realised that if God can give me all I need, then that must include strength and energy as well. I can honestly say that I felt 'supernaturally energised'. I am sure that Jared would love that phrase because he is a true pentecostal type!! I am not saying that life got suddenly easier, or that the boys slept better or were better behaved, but I just felt able to cope with it all because I had my best friend at my side giving me all that I needed. I know that He will do this again for me this week. I just need to remember that He's next to me being my Father while I am being a mother.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

I will be thinking & praying for you this week. Hope it is a really good week & goes supernaturally quick!!!
E x