Thursday 27 November 2008

Swallowing my words....

Ok, firstly I should apologise for yesterdays rant. I was very cross, but did not have all the facts and so shouldn't have responded in such an emotional way. That was my mummy, protective, over-emotional side....

Today I discover that apparently the no running rule is only when it is wet. Sort of ok. It makes it more bearable (although I'm sure that it still has a nasty smell of health and safety somewhere).

I think that I am on a bit of a journey. I am still going through the school system for the first time with my first child, and, like anything when you do it for the first time, I will make some mistakes and see things that aren't really there. I desperately want my boys to have the best they can possibly have, and I do feel that at school they are only acceptable if they behave in a more 'feminine' way. BUT, I need to put things in perspective slightly. It is a good school and they are doing well, and learning well. It could be alot worse and I need to be grateful for the things we have and not moan so much about the things that we don't have.

Having said that, we will still fight for our boys to be allowed to be boys and to learn in ways that suit them best. We will still work hard at making responsible young men of them. (And as I type boy #2 and boy#3 are rolling around the floor in a tiger cub manner.... doesn't look too responsible to me, but then I'm a girl - what would I know?!)

So, I'm going to try to be positive......

No comments: